Monday, July 31, 2006

Queen of all things bitter...

That is me. Mmm hmmm.

There was a point in life that I was an optimist to a fault. I am pretty sure that time has passed. Apparently, I am not the only one. I just got off the phone with my friend who is 6 days older than me. She is also bitter, and I tried to make her feel better about turning the big 2-8, but I don't think it worked...

There are worse things than being 28, unwed, and living at home... like being in a shitty marriage with kids keeping you together, like being... well, no I think that about covers it - unless you want to say being 29, 30, 31, etc. and in the same situation.

Good times... good times.

And yes, the irony of this post, right above the last post doesn't fail to amuse me.


12 comments:

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Wow, are you going for the yin and yang posts? I like it, there is balance to the universe now.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

you're right we are almost officially at rock bottom....i totally agree. lucky for me, you reach rock bottom 2 weeks before me. HAHAHA. Then, when we turn 30, you know, the Apocolypse, well, I'll still have 2 weeks on you. Send me an email from the end of the world when you get there. I will be waiting.

Stephanie said...

Are you shitting me? "There are worse things than being 28 & unwed..." Being unwed is the best. You can do whatever the hell you want, whenever, and you don't have to explain yourself to anybody. And you can have a closet so full of shoes that you're running out of spaces to put them, but it doesn't matter, 'cause no one else's clothes need to fit in there! So go eat some ice cream at 3 am, just because you can! YEAH!

cmeddie said...

Yes, yin and Yang... good call.

Tooth, BITE ME HO.

Doc, you are right, i guess... But i have had two shitty days, so your cheerfulness is lost on me.

I need to remember to take the happy pills.. and maybe my optimism will come back.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

You're not fooling anyone Dr. Steph

Stephanie said...

Well, I agree that there are better things than being 28 and being unwed. Like being 28, unwed, and filthy-ass rich. Or being 28, unwed, with a stable of cabana boys. Or being 28, unwed, and living in Paris. But my point was, it could be lots worse. Married people want to be single again, and single people think marriage is the answer. No one ever really takes life for what it is at the moment. That was my philosophical comment for the week. Carry on.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

SRR said...

Here's a thought...APARTMENT!!

adamTgeorge said...

apartments are good.
there's nothing wrong w/ being 2-8. I'm 2-8 and turning 2-9 and live in less than desireable conditions - FRIGONS PLACE. sweet moses. i gotta get out.
read "the war of art" - inspiring. get ready to live.

A.B. said...

I demand new posts :) !!!!!!

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

youre being a bad blogger......again

Stephanie said...

Sack up, ho! It's time to post.