Saturday, July 22, 2006

There's one GOOD thing about trends... The bad ones go away at some point. As long as they don't come back, we're okay.











































Ok, so someone must tell me, why do fashion or other trend mistakes that were "unfortunate" the first time around, tend to come back? Or why can't people just
let them go once the time has come and passed for that trend?

It's not the 80s. It's not even the 90s. Heck, it's not even the first half of the 00s anymore. So why are there girls walking around with leggings under jean skirts again? Why do men insist on continuing to wear jean shorts? Should I be looking for pegged (aka "French-rolled") guess jeans with slip-on Eastlands with the rolled-up shoestrings? Is someone going to be wearing overalls with one side hanging down this summer? Bodysuits coming back too? Unless you are at camp, on a soccer or softball teams where it's the uniform of choice or below the age of 10 - tie dying is OUT.

And, why have people started to wear gardening shoes in public? I don't care if "Crocs" are comfy - so are gym shoes. Crocs don't match your outfit, or any outfit for that matter. If you aren't in eleme
ntary school, then take 'em off. And why do guys think it's okay to wear these? I mean come on. Would you cut your lawn in these? And your feet HAVE to get sweaty, and the shoes HAVE to stink. Get rid of 'em, I say, Get rid of them.
So, what are some other fashion don'ts that need not be seen in 2006. Shall I start a list? Oh yes, I shall...
  1. Tucked in shirts without a belt - Are you showing off your belt loops? A belt buckle would be much nicer. Just make sure it matches your shoes.
  2. Loafers without socks - Are you on a boat in Dock shoes? Then, I MAY excuse it.
  3. Fancy clothes at a Reds game - If it is hot, wear shorts not velvet pants. And if it's a skirt, it better be khaki or jean and matched with a tee or a tank. Strapless shirts are a no-no.
  4. Not wearing a coat when it's cold - OK, black tie event? I get it. But at a Bengals game in Dec., you should DRESS APPROPRIATELY.
  5. Sandals with socks - Enough said.
  6. Stomachs at work - They should be covered, simple as that. Unless you are a model at a photo shoot.
  7. Black nail polish - It isn't 7th grade anymore.
  8. Anything that "magnifies rollage" - Know your size, and wear it.
  9. Bras that fit - I am the first to say boobs popping out everywhere isn't a good idea; however, I will also say bras suck and losing weight or gaining weight in the boobs first SUCKS for yo-yo-ers.
  10. <>
    And last, but not least - - -

  11. Age-appropriations - Most trends are for 40-50 and below, and I am being generous. If you are wearing a jean mini skirt at 55, with a backless belly shirt with cleavage... I may have to smack you. There is a reason some trends are timeless. Find some of them. Try Banana and the Gap or even Macy's, and go from there.
That is all, for now. Next fashion less begins at 10.

5 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Pegged pants were banned at my grade school. I was pissed. I wish Cross Colours and wearing your clothes backwards would come back. Those were sweet. There was a guy in dental school who wore a Hypercolor sweatshirt...ALL THE TIME. We called him Hypercolor Dan. Yeah, we were original.

Stephanie said...

What about Hammer Pants? Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll come back, too!

You forgot to mention leggings! A pox on leggings! In the privacy of your own home, with your huge, ripped, comfy sweatshirt while you watch Lifetime Television and suck down Haagen Dazs is acceptable, but the second leggings hit the open air, they are WRONG WRONG WRONG! If you're wearing a skirt and think, "Gee, I wish I had a little more coverage for my legs!" you have a couple options:

1. Wear a longer skirt, pref. one where your lady parts aren't hangin' out;

2. Take the skirt off and put on some pants; or

3. Put on some pantyhose or tights (but not if you're also wearing sandals!!!)

It's just that simple.

Thank you for bringing these fashion crimes to light! And I like the new layout, btw.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I yern for parachute pants to come back. Has Micheal been out of the news long enough for these to be cool again?
And just so you know at Reds games I go black tie only. Don't be hatin'.
Speaking of looks, I love the new one here.

SRR said...

I HATE CROCS!!!

A.B. said...

Michael Jackson Beat It jackets. High fashion.