Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Days don't really go like you plan them, do they?

So, I woke up this morning (later than I should have) thinking only one more day in the office and I get to head to DC for a Conference. That is exciting, isn't it? Well, anytime not
in the office worrying about logistics is good if you ask me. So I was on my way to a meeting at Good Samaritan when I witnessed an SUV turn the corner and lose control. She ended up over the curb, past the sidewalk, breaking a concrete bench, then through and on top of a fence. The car seemed a little unstable and teetering, like if she crawled out the other side of the car, it would tip.

Of course, I stopped. (Therein the irony that I was going to Good Samaritan.) The front door was trapped shut by the concrete bench, so the lady couldn't get out. When I opened the back door to help her, I realized she had two children in the car with her. So I checked to make sure the screaming 3-year old child was okay and pulled him from the car, followed by the 6-year old sister.

This is where I need to exaggerate the story... to say the two kids were not breathing and I gave them CPR or that the car exploded as soon as we dashed from the wreckage; however, my real story ends kinda lame. After the police showed up with the fire trucks, etc. and the mom was calm, and the kids were happily playing with sticks and flowers (25 minutes later and in the rain, mind you.) I gave her my card in case the cops needed anything and left. Everyone was okay. All's well that ends well, right. I'm sure the people in my meeting didn't believe my story, but it's true. I felt kinda like I was telling a COO that the dog ate my homework when I was 30 minutes late for a meeting. It was an interesting way to start the day, to say the least.

Moral of the story - - - When the repair guy says you need new tires... GET THEM!

Off to DC in the AM. I'm sure the stories I come back with will thrill and excite. Until then, don't do anything I wouldn't do... or at least be sure to write about it so I know and can live vicariously or make fun of you.

3 comments:

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Hey, are you running out of dots? I seem to see a general lacking of ... extensions in recent posts. Here have a few: ....................................................................................................
There's plenty more where that came from, just lookin' out.

SRR said...

Hey...look at you being all maternal and helpful! Good for you bitch!

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

i am tired.