Monday, July 17, 2006

Home Again, Home Again...

Ah yes, to crawl under my allergy free sheets, on top of my own dust free mattress, and drop my head onto my feather-free pillow. Like heaven, I say, heaven.

So the highlights of my trip included:

  • Learning all about the tobacco issues in countries such as Japan, Switzerland, Africa, and India.
  • Watching the Tobacco Academy Awards. Good times.
  • Did I mention it was hot? REALLLLLLY hot & humid? (Who knew DC was built on a swamp? I didn't.)
  • Sessions... Oh, they've got sessions. They've got session every day.
  • Accidentally dumping my water bottle into my camera an turning it into a paperweight.
  • Two delayed flights - one to and one fro'.
Oh wait, I said "highlights." Well then, I should start over:
  • Really good eats
  • Tourism - I saw it all! 16.5 miles of walking in two days. (For me that's a ton.)
  • Playing quarters with coworkers and Clients
  • Hanging out in the suite with three bathrooms
  • Getting the nickname "Soygirl" during the quarters game
  • Telling my coworkers and Clients to drink, and it being okay
  • Watching my boss drink a "40" of 8-Ball out of a paper bag
  • Watching my distinguished 40-ish male boss do a roundoff in the hallway of the hotel
  • Watching my distinguished 40-ish male boss proceed to do two more roundoffs out on the street - all inclusive with the funniest follow-through stuck-landing performance I have ever seen
  • NOT BEING AT MY DESK
  • I saw a police SUVs wreck with a real SUV, where it flipped and the people got cut out of the car like a sardine can. (Everyone was okay, we think.) But there were firemen, lots of picture-worthy firemen. Too bad my camera was broken. 6 ambulances, 3 fire trucks and 6 cop cars...
I guess I am bad luck lately. geez.

Anyway... It was good times, but now it's back to the grind. I need a vacation. fo real shizzle.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome home. There's no place like... Ohio.

By the way, I saw the Tobacco Museum on my way to Portsmouth on Sunday. I thought it would be funny to stop in and buy everyone at work a little souvenier. Heh heh. Unfortunately, being Sunday, it was closed.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Yeah, if you could e-mail me your intended driving patern for the next few weeks, I'd like to stay clear of your road karma.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

ok, geek, I AM SO READY FOR A VACATION!!!!! Lets go to the ocean for our b-days!!! WE soooo deserve it. SERIOUSLY, LETS GO!!!