Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I've been tagged...

Thanks to the ever-entertaining DorkyDad, I have been tagged with a meme. However, it's not one of those 3-hour endeavors, so I am okay with it. I am tasked with sharing 6 weird things about me, or if I cheat, 6 weird things that have happened to me. Hmmm... Decisions, Decisions. I'm SO not a cheater, so I guess I'll go with "about me."

Number One (1)
I have, at one point in my lifetime, either have been or wanted to be each of the following professions:
  • Lawyer - way too much reading
  • Professional Athlete - p-ha, well I needed a little more talent for that one
  • Teacher - too many kids
  • Wife - Homemaker to a hot firefighter preferably (Still working on this one.)
  • Mother - Nah, I love other people's kids better.
  • Professor - too much going to school
  • Architect - too much responsibility. I didn't want to be responsible when the building fell
  • Pharmacist - purely for the money and hours, so not interested enough
  • Graphic Designer - including, but not limited to environmental designer, packaging designer, print designer, art director, etc. - too much creative on demand
  • Operations manager - too boring
  • Something in Organizational Change - waaaayyy to stressful
  • Marketer - too general... half of the girls in college want to be in "marketing"
  • Advertising Executive - Been there, done that.
  • "Strategic Planner" - haven't fully figured out what it was, but like it thus far.

Number Two (2)
I have been a vegetarian since the day we went to a farm in the 5th grade and drew with purple chalk on big black cows where all the different types of meat came from. To this day, I am totally grossed out by meat. If my food touched it, I won't eat it. No broth. NOTHING. I will, for some reason, drink milk and eat cheese, but eggs are SO out!

Number Three (3)
I don't see movies. It is not that I don't like movies... I just don't see them. Some, I refuse to watch... just 'cause. A sampling of movies I have not seen that will make you "wonder a little" about me:
  • Goodfellas
  • Godfather (NONE)
  • Star Wars (NONE. Not old ones. Not new ones.)
  • Lord of the Rings (NONE)
  • 16 Candles
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Casablanca
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Apocalypse Now
  • Batman (None)
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Dirty Harry
  • Fight Club
  • Spiderman (None)

Number Four (4)
I have a FABULOUS sense of direction; however, if you didn't know this already, I am incapable of telling my right from my left in pressure situations - i.e., when driving or giving directions while in a car. I will typically just turn whichever way my preconceived notion tells me to turn, despite the directions being provided. Despite not getting this simple R/L correlation, my brain SOMEHOW comprehends the transient and complex nature of "This Way" and "That Way."

If I am talking to someone, "This way" is the direction that is closer to me than it is to them. "That way" would be the direction closest to them. However, in this same situation, if they were talking to me "That Way" is close to me, while "This Way" is closest to them. Sound complicated? Try being in a car with me!

Yea, I'm nuts. Not sure why "Left is Left and makes and L" doesn't work for me. Unfortunately, I must be crazy.

Number Five (5)
I hate socks.I hate them on my feet. I hate them on other people's feet. In general, I am not a fan. However, they are NEVER to be worn in bed. It's unattractive and annoying.

And Number Six (6)
If you'd ask my friends, they would probably refer to one of the following as a weird thing about me:

  • I lose my cell phone, wallet, check card, etc. on a regular basis.
  • I break my cell phone on a regular basis
  • I'm allergic to everything on the planet - dogs, cats, trees, grass, feathers, dust... you name it.
  • I get sinus infections every February
  • I am OCD... down to straightening the fringes on the throw rugs.
  • I am one extreme or the other... stuff is either super clean and organized OR I am am a total, complete disaster. This is because it takes too much effort to make it perfect, and "almost perfect" won't do, so I have to be all or nothing.
But my number 6 is this... I cannot stand repetitive tapping noises, whether it be drips in the sink, fingers on a desk, clicks of a pen, tapping of a foot, the 15 seconds of Madden that plays over and over when trying to pick a play or techno music. The more I hear it, the more I focus on it and the sooner I will end up in a round room with padded walls.


OKAY, so maybe I went overboard, and now everything not only THINKS I am weird, but KNOWS what is weird about me. GREAT! I should have taken Dorky's road and done what happened to me... at least then, I'd appear less crazy, right? ;)

OK, I guess I have to, I mean GET TO, tag 6 people... AML, Running Rabbit, Doc Steph, Toothy, Dan-O, and Bob. Have fun, and can't wait to read about ya'll!

13 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

i dont want to be tagged (sadface) that requires thinking :-(

well let me rest on this and I will re-visit this tag thingy in the am.

I LIKE SOCKs my FEET get COLD, My tagg will be everything opposite of yours --haha

now BLOG off :-O and Good Night

JLee said...

Verrrry interesting! Some I can relate to, others, not so much. lol

Stephanie said...

In that case, I promise never to tell you that I wear socks to bed quite often. It's not just because my feet are always cold; it's really for the benefit of other people who may come into contact with my ice-cold feet in bed and freak out, thinking that they're lying next to a corpse!

Dan-O said...

tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap....as far as socks go...I wear them always, only in bed in the winter though, but for some reason I always end up with one missing.....and never finding it again!!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

OK my Weirdo Peeps I finished my TAGG, enjoy... ahhhhhhh grrrrrrr

oh by the way YOUR Weird __HAHAHA well I have to say something so mine don't look so weird :-)

Unknown said...

Wow. You don't like socks. You're like the antithesis of my wife. Antiwife. My wife LOVES socks. She's totally pro-sock.

And I can't believe you wanted to be a marketer. That's just weird.

Dan said...

I have been a vegetarian since the day we went to a farm in the 5th grade

Well how cool is that? Good for your my friend. You're doing plenty for the environment as well. I've been a vegan for over five years now and have no plans on ever going back. I just feel too good! :)

cmeddie said...

bob: Sorry!

Jlee: What don't you relate to? lol

Steph: I am sure Mr. Wellhung is glad you wear socks then. I, however, don't want to see you in bed or I will make you take them off.

Dan-o: Thanks for the twitch you just gave me. And when you clean your sheets, maybe you'll find your socks. :)

Bob: Can't wait to check it out!

DD: Maybe if I lived in Minnesota, I would be pro-sock, but nope. not into it. And yea, isn't that weird.

Dan: it really just grosses me out! YUCK, but yes good work to you sir, veganism is hard. No wonder the juicer will come in handy.

cmeddie said...

bob: Sorry!

Jlee: What don't you relate to? lol

Steph: I am sure Mr. Wellhung is glad you wear socks then. I, however, don't want to see you in bed or I will make you take them off.

Dan-o: Thanks for the twitch you just gave me. And when you clean your sheets, maybe you'll find your socks. :)

Bob: Can't wait to check it out!

DD: Maybe if I lived in Minnesota, I would be pro-sock, but nope. not into it. And yea, isn't that weird.

Dan: it really just grosses me out! YUCK, but yes good work to you sir, veganism is hard. No wonder the juicer will come in handy.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I'll do it, but after reading #3 I don't know if I can speak to you any longer ;)

Leese said...

It IS too much effort to make it perfect, and "almost perfect" WON'T DO!!! I understand girl! Preach on!

Unknown said...

I lOVE this list. Very complete and thorough. Not weird at all. But I must admit, not seeing "It's a Wonderful Life" is kinda strange. But then again, my husband had never seen "A Christmas Story" until he married me.

Reason for no movies?

cmeddie said...

AML - I figured I would piss off one of two people with that list. Maybe you can share the classics with me in the media room. But Lord of the Rings and Star Wars aren't allowed to ever be watched.

FireDancer: It's the OCD in me. What can i say.

bina: I have no idea why. I just don't. I think I just like TV shows better. Much less of a time commitment!

:)