Sunday, May 06, 2007

Happy in the YOH!

So, it's sunny out - and I have nothing I am OBLIGED to do today. It is a fantastic feeling. Down to the point that the lawn mower is broken, so I even have an excuse to not mow the lawn!

I love that.

I did, however screw up my back last week, and then played softball and stuff, so my whole body is aching today. BUT, I've had a great weekend. I am in a generally good mood today. I mean it is 5 months into the "Year of Happy." I should be happy right?

This week, I found out that I made it into school for the summer, and will be headed of to Minneapolis for 13 weeks. The change of pace is MUCH needed. So, I am excited. I have been in Cincinnati for more than 7 consecutive days. I got new brakes last week, so my car will stop if I need it to - which is always good. Gray's has some interesting little plots going on, but the new spin-off looks to be pretty good too. I actually have work to do at work - so that is enjoyable. I orchestrated a highly successful happy hour on Wednesday - which was supposed to be a pre-game for the Rod Stewart (free tickets) concert and people-watching - but it got canceled. He was sick. We won my co-ed softball game Friday (17-5) despite me accidentally walking someone home. (I had to get warmed up. It was my first game this year.) I had a great post-game dinner, drinks, etc. with the boy. My niece had first communion yesterday. She was adorable. I had a good time Cinco de Mayo-ing it up with the GTP friends - with margaritas and my current drink fav, mint mojitos. It will be the poolside drink of choice for vacation. Vacation is in 19 days.

How could I NOT be having a good YOH? RIGHT? It's been a good week. So I should use today to check back in on everyone else... right? This is just a reminder to savor the Year of Happy and make every year one from here on out.

Today's list of happy things:
  • mint mojitos
  • summers away
  • a boy you like
  • bigs hugs
  • a big city that is really a small town
  • impending vacation

4 comments:

JLee said...

Yoh Yoh Yoh!! haha
Mint mojitos sound good. I will have to try those. I see you did your visual DNA. We have a few categories in common! :)

cmeddie said...

Of course we do. We are fabulous, artsy women... who like to have a good time. ;)

and Mint mojitos ARE good, if made well... and you like fresh mint. :)

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

I am kind of happy. I dont like fresh mint. I quit smoking 9 hours ago. The mucous is overwhelming.

Unknown said...

Whoo hooo! We live in Minneapolis (well, a bedroom suburb of it, at least). Let us know if you need anything. Summer's a good time to be here, since it's usually not FRICKING 80 BELOW OUTSIDE. (Sorry, we had a late spring this year, still bitter.)