Saturday, June 24, 2006

Well, I am not sure why I am writing this... but here I am. This blog is entitled "Molly made me do it," because I am blaming her for my wasting time to do this. ;-)

So what do I talk about on here? Blank pages always make made me nervous, which sucked since I spent so much time as an "artist" and now do a whole lot of writing. Well, I think I will talk about June. It's supposed to be a good month... summer has begun, the sun is out, we all look better with a nice glow, days are longer, people are nicer... but for me June is always a nightmare.

Let's begin at work...
It's the end of fiscal, which means I spend a good two weeks in front of spreadsheets and multi-million dollar budgets making sure we spent all the money we were supposed to spend in appropriate ways, only to also make sure that my other accounts are not neglected and nothing falls through the cracks in the meantime. (PS, Molly doesn't know what as spreadsheet is, and I hate her for that!) Somehow, every year, we end up shooting an outdoor TV spot in 90+ degree weather with humidity out the wazoo. And you have no idea how to dress for work, because the inside temperature is like .3 degrees in an attempt to keep us all awake from our pathetic desire to be outside rather than facing a computer in our cubes. And this week, I couldn't do ANYTHING right. And, I don't leave work in time to do anything after work, so the so-called "summer sun" is wasted on me. Our company gave us one good thing this week. June 3rd is a free off day. It is very nice of them, but notice the four day weekend is AFTER June ends... go figure!

So, outside of work...
Well, I spend every minute of late May/June doing something EVERY year and it drives me INSANE. Weddings, graduations, birthdays, baby showers, parties, softball games, and "fun." When do I get to relax and figure out who I am, who I want to be, and what I want to do again? And when do I get to actually do the stuff I was thinking I wanted to do? And when do I get to actually get this house in working order so we can move out of it? Most importantly, when do i just get to workout, grocery shop, and sleep? Not to mention, there's father's day, memorial day, AND Dad's birthday/Eddie's anniversary ALL this month. I mean come on... I think I am going to just hide out in the Cayman Islands all next June, preferably lounging and sleeping in a hammock and scuba diving all day long... drinking fruity drinks with umbrellas - LOTS of them... oh and eating RUM CAKE.

So, I also have been trying to make it to my Godson's baseball games for weeks, but haven't even been able to call Stacey back. I am a jerk. i know. This is my first "FREE" weekend. And by "FREE," I truly mean first weekend where I don't have anything scheduled - though the last 4-5 I have had 2-3 "big" things a day. I had invites this weekend, but I just couldn't do it. I needed to do laundry and sleep. Oh, and make a path on the floor in my room of all the clean clothes in baskets,
so I could get to my bed from the last chance I had to do laundry. YES, I know, I DO have too many clothes.

OK, enough, for now. Molly is right. This helps to "talk" to a blank page. Especially when you are as cranky and bitter as I am right now. Which, by the way, is NOT who I am. Just ask anyone who knows me. I'm the "live for today" kind of girl... and I guess today, I get to live the way I wanted. So I folded towels, mated socks, took two naps, and started a blog. To me, today was exactly what it was supposed to be... I guess.

5 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

YAY TEINER!!! Before I read the part about me, I was like "there she goes, talking 'bout those damn spreadsheet things again". Good job!!! That's why you're my favorite!!! Keep on blogging, it is kind of fun!!! I will spread the word for you!!! Peace out!!!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Welcome to blogland. Now, tell those perverted socks to stop mating.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

By the way, on Blogger since December 2004? WTF, how'd that happen? What, have you been laying dormant or something? Also, get your own damned template. It's too hot out for you to be on my nuts ;)

SRR said...

Wait BITCH!! Are saying you like "Teiner's" blog better than mine??? WTF is up with that?

T ~ If you want to be one of my cheerleaders, I need for the 2 of you numb nuts to book a room in Chicago PRONTO!! **wink wink**

Yeah...and what's up with being on Blogger since '04??

cmeddie said...

I think I logged in in 2004 to leave a comment on one of my co-workers blogs.. so, yes, call me dorment.