Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's 11:11, so make a wish... I wonder if anyone can guess what I would wish for? I think it would be energy... is that vitamins? or protein...? I should probably look into it.

Does anyone else feel intimidated by the "make a wish?" Pretend it's your birthday and it is the only time during the year when your wish matters. PICK ONE, and blow out the candles. THINK NOW, DO IT, EVERYONE IS WATCHING, AND THE CAKE IS GETTING WAX ON IT!

That is intimidating. So are the 11:11 wishes. It always takes me until 11:12 to make the wish because I can't decide what to wish for. Then it's after the fact and a moot point. Am I conceited if I wish for something for me? Should I wish for world peace? What about for the sick people? Or for my family and friends, instead of me.

Call it Catholic guilt, but I always feel bad asking for stuff for me in those wishes. Well, birthdays are your own personal holidays, so that is okay, but you better make it good and plan ahead so that you get your one wish for the year right!

Ok, I think I have officially lost it. Someday I'll learn it is okay to think about me. I mean its not like these wishes even come true. If they did, I would have a pony and lots of money and be skinny by now. Unfortunately, that is NOT what the realities are.

So why do I bother stressing over dumb stuff... because it's what I do. Anyone have the cure?

6 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Miller Lite cures EVERYTHING!

cmeddie said...

Except for calorie intake... and a lack of "points."

SRR said...

Were you drinking when you posted this? I'm confused....but I am blonde!

I'm going to link you on my blog, so YOU NEED TO KEEP POSTING, and comment on mine, please! Just do not use my real name, I'm RR (running rabbit) to you!

cmeddie said...

You aren't blonde, but maybe the dye has soaked in... :)

I did send you a post. I dont think my first one showed up.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

As a heads up, Liar Liar was just a movie. Your birthday wishes don't actually come true like that. Therefor, who gives a crap? What you believe will happen, will actually happen. But, you have to really believe. Not just lip service.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Yeah, fuck world peace!