Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday, Monday...

Can't trust that day.

So, I made the switch. I am officially "in." I have "the network."

It was a very tough decision. Why? Because they all drop calls. They all suck. So I went with the more expensive provider, because I was tired of the dropped calls and the people I talked to swear they don't get dropped calls in this area. Everyone did, however, tell me that the customer service sucks... and I can now attest to that.

"Welcome to the customer service line, can I help you."

Yea, I want to transfer my old number over to here. can you please help me with that?

"Great maam, we can definitely help you with that."

great.

"Tell us the number etc, and we'll get this going for you."

ok.

SO, It's all finished and the lady says "This looks great, this should switch over in 24-72 hours. Can I help you with anything else?"

No

"OK maam, have a great day."

From this conversation, I got the following: We did it, thanks. Have a good day.

5 days later (because of the weekend I gave it a few days extra), my phone number still hadn't transferred over. So I called again.

"Welcome to the customer service line, can I help you."

My number hasn't transferred over and it has been 5 days since I called last.

"Lemme check on the problem maam... It looks like you never finished the process. We need you to do this one last thing."

OK, why didn't anyone tell me this - or maybe call me to let me know there as a problem? I've been paying for two bills for 5 days now.

"I'm sorry maam, and can give you a $20.00 credit to cover that... and we'll fix the problem now."

fine, let's do it.

"Just follow the prompts, and you'll be fine. Have a great day."

A few prompts come, and the little techno woman says "Sorry, we don't recognize your number, have a great day." Then she hangs up.

EFF.

I had to call back, AGAIN. Finally this woman fixed it, but three minutes later, my phone got a text message that said "Please call customer service at your earliest convenience."

I really didn't want to, but I did. In the meantime, the stupid 2 week old phone I purchased BROKE - so badly that the final customer service agent suggested I bring that in-person to a store.

I have yet to do that, but assume it won't act up when I get in the store and they won't believe me and the trauma will continue. Damn the phone people. Damn them.

As a side note, I have gotten called "maam" way too much lately. People, I am 28. This, combined with the first ever need-to dye because of the grey hairs occurring last week, is very traumatic for a young woman. Oh yea, and it's valentines week. Lovely.

Today's things to be happy about: land lines, no dropped calls, a good hair dye and cut, being called "darlin'", and candy hearts that say "page me."

Happy Feb12 folks!

12 comments:

Dan-O said...

Ok yeah Tiners!!! The other day a very attractive girl behind the counter at Chipotle, smiled at me, and I noticed she didn't smile at anyone else that was in line in front of me like she smiled at me. I digress, when I got over to her, she smiled even wider and said "Would you like this to go sir?" Mental Fantasy....OVER!!!!

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

yummmmm...Chipotle

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

I agree SERVICE Sucksssssssssssss in AMERiCA lately,,,,

when I call the phone service the will say Mr. Gentile (well they say Gentle--LOL (they never say it right) it's Genteeeeeal.... anyways after 30 Mr. Gentile's throughout the conversation I say would you stop saying my name and FIX the problem already...they say "OK Sorry MR Gentile, I will be right back can I put you on hold Mr. Gentile?,,,,(I don't reply) Mr.Gentile? hello are you there? (((((all I can do is SIGH and say Yes, thank you put me on hold) Ok thank you Mr. Gentile"

ahhhhh the phone company's makes me DRINK

Ciao,

Bob

JLee said...

Oh I hate being called ma'am! I guess I'm too old to be "miss", but I still hate it. haha

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

hmmm..... i would have thought gent-tile. Like a non-Jew.

Dan-O said...

Genteeeeel sounds more noble.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

lol thank you Dan-O ...yes Sir Genteeeeel --haha

Unknown said...

I concur. I HATE it when people call me ma'am. I'm a GUY, people! Quit calling me a lady!!!

I hate cell phone companies. Stupid cell phones.

Dan-O said...

On second thought, a sir or maam demands respect. That's right bitches.. RESPECT ME!!!

Dan said...

For the record, I will never call you maam ... ever. I especially won't call you that on your phone because you'll obviously never have a working phone ... ever. :)

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Damn cell phones and their evil goodness.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Dude, Chicago Mar 23-35....let me know

oh yeah, f'ing blog already dammit