Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving time is apparently good prep for the "Year of Happy!"

... and not in the way you'd think!

You'd think this would be the one time of year when we all are like, "ya, know life really ain't all that bad!" You'd think we'd sit around talking about the good times, or making new ones. Not us. NOPE.

While at Dewey's then the bar with my two friends, who will again remain nameless, we had the same conversation that we had two months ago. You know the converation where I decided I was tired of talking about work, and money, and career paths, and relationships, and living in the wrong city, and buying a house, and on and on. The conversation where I decided to make my move to get happier and where I would "challenge" my friends to do the same... ONLY THIS TIME, the conversation was slightly different. (I do, again, find the irony in the fact that we spent the night before Thanksgiving whining about stuff, but I'll let that pass --- for now. Oh an the people-watching on amatuer night is OOC. Gotta love that!)

Anyway, what has changed?

I have changed, well made some changes in work really. Changes that get me closer to "happy." Now that I have taken that initiative, and "have a good gig" or "am in a good place," my two friends say I am not allowed to complain about anything anymore. My stuff pales in comparison, supposedly.

Well you two, if you are listening, you should know... that's crap! :-P

(Well one of you really, and most likely the one who doesn't have the time to read this...) And, I personally think that because I have taken some initiative, it gives me the right to complain about the stuff that is out of my hands. And it's all relative, right?

Do what you need to do. Get Happy. Life's short, and all that junk.

You have 37 days to prepare still, and I am not going to let down.

My still to-do's in 2006...
  • Clean out - work, home, closet, shoes...
  • Simplify
  • Prepare to sell a house, or preferably two...
  • Revive fitness plan
  • Get back to WW
  • Figure out what my title is and postition consists of, really
  • Appreciate what I have
  • Make/Get Christmas gifts that I didn't get at Kohls this AM... (Yes, I was one of them out at 6AM - - - and be sure to ask me how to beat the system!)
  • Get more sleep
  • Take deep breaths
  • Make more friends
  • Hang out with my good old friends
  • Fix the mailbox
  • Be nicer
  • Nag my friends to get happy
  • Play more
  • Watch the Bengals win out
And that may be all... I think. For now, at least.

7 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

So....how do you beat the system? I need to work on getting my happy face on for 07.....I have been a bitter bird lately. Why oh why??? Come visit me!!

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Just give me the last one on the list and I'll be happy.

Stephanie said...

First off, no one needs permission to complain. GO AHEAD AND BITCH! That's what makes me happy. And if you are taking steps to be more in control of your life, frankly, that's extra permission to complain. It's people who have been complaining about the same stuff for years but never do jack about it who are not allowed to whine.

Secondly, "be nicer"?? What kind of to-do is that?? Be nicer. Puh-LEASE! What this world needs is more anger and hostility, and you know it! :-)

Stephanie said...

BTW, if you really would like a Dr. Stephanie MS Paint Original, email me your email so I can send it to ya.

SRR said...

Is this like a pity party for 1 please? And hello?? I love Dewey's! Can I come the next time BITCH?!?!

cmeddie said...

Um, whatever gimpy... Tell me which Dewey's and when...

Stephanie said...

Ha ha! Gimpy! Gimpy with Vicodin, however, which is a kick-ass combo!