Thursday, November 09, 2006

My how time flies, when you don't have any time...

Hello everyone.

I am officially a slacker, and I am sorry! It's been a crazy few weeks, and a lot has happened. Let's catch up...
  • I was a little burnt out and VERY tired.
  • I applied for a new job.
  • I played bingo and won 100 bucks. BONUS: It was in a firemen's hall.
  • The Bengals lost.
  • I got the new job.
  • I accepted the new job.
  • I resigned my current position.
  • Within hours, rumors flew around work.
  • My niece turned 5!
  • I took Halloween off to carve pumpkins. They were sweet. (Pictures to come)
  • I cooked and ate pumpkin seeds. They were good.
  • I VOTED absentee!
  • We went out to dinner for my sister's 35th and Mom's 60th birthdays.
  • I flew to Boston for a conference.
  • I attended the conference and learned stuff.
  • I was given the opportunity to be reassigned in my current company.
  • Within hours, rumors AGAIN flew around work.
  • I did a lot of thinking.
  • I had a shaving accident and am missing part of my fingernail.
  • I kicked the bed accidentally in my hotel room and put a huge bruise and hole in my leg. It hurt, and was unrelated to each of the job opportunities, the conference and the shaving accident.
  • The Bengals lost again! (I was in my Housh jersey making friends in the Marriott lobby.)
  • I took that UNBELIEVABLE opportunity from my current employer. More rumors.
  • I had to decline the other job, which sucked, because the goal was never to make anyone upset about anything.
  • Election day: Ohio voted NO on 4, and YES on 5! THANKS to everyone who voted, and listened to my rants and raves. Bartenders everywhere will live longer healthier lives. Sorry to JJ and P&G, as Febreeze sales will most likely go down.
  • I made a stop at H&M. (I love that place!)
  • I flew home, after delay after delay.
  • I took two days off, and here I am, at the end of the first of those two days!
So, that is the quick version. More to come, with pictures and details... but I thought I'd catch everyone up, and maybe pique some interest first! ;)

Hope everyone else is hanging in there!

6 comments:

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I'm not sure where you were, but welcome back.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

PS: Congrats on the new job in the old place.

Stephanie said...

H & M????? You were in NY, WEREN'T YOU????????? I HATE YOU!!! I AM JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

Screw IKEA, H & M is just what Cincinnati needs. After I have a better job, of course.

Oh yes, and congratulations, baller!

cmeddie said...

Thank you both for the congrats.

Doc: I was in Boston. And there is actually an H&M in Columbus, if you need your fix. It's pretty good stuff now actually, but I feel like the prices are going up from where they used to be. You can still usually find a good deal though.

Dan said...

Man, you did so much that even I'm getting tired reading this list.

Now when I make my list I'm going to have to add "Read the Bengal guy's list" as one of the largest tasks I accomplished this week. ;)

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Its about time!!!