Saturday, September 02, 2006

Perfect in the PreSeason

For the guys or girls who actually care about the game...

So the RCA Dome was interesting... 1. Because it was a dome;
2. Because they made me throw away my good luck Bengals beads before we went in, which SUCKED; and 3. Because it's a whole new ballgame watching on someone else's turf. (Ha, ha. That is actually funny because they are one of the only teams left with astroturf.)

Decent seats (where you could see everything) and good company (see below) made for good times. However, the lack of time by 1st stringers is disappointing - even though it was the last PreSeason game and was to-be-expected. I was highly impressed by our depth, even being able to toss in a couple of those "lesser-known Johnsons" in the second half. (Really, I just like saying lesser-known-Johnsons.) Our new back-up running back Quincy Wilson looked pretty good, even though it
was against a 3rd string Dee. He shows real promise.

I also got my new "Whosyourmama" jersey, which is super sweet. Now when someone asks, "Whose got the Housh?," I can say, "I do." (Ok, I am lame... but check it out!)


Since the girls cared less about what I wrote above, this may be "more interesting" stuff...

I decided it was a good idea to fill a waterbottle halfway with the Goose and drink it ALL between the car and the stadium - which was all of two blocks. Apparently when noone else is doing it with me, it isn't the greatest idea - especially as an opposing team's fan. You are trashed and they aren't. Here are picture of the people I was with. OBVIOUSLY, they aren't trashed. Suckers.

From R to L, Keri, Donnie and Tommy - who, as QB lead his team to a league win and won offensive player of the year for the Odessa, TX Roughneckers IFL team. He never really likes smiling for the camera - the punkass. But QBs have hot arms and... and... everything else though, so it's okay.

Good times were had by all! The END - until game ONE next week! Whodey?

16 comments:

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

So, does the story end there? Anymore action....off the field maybe???

cmeddie said...

Let's just say a two hour drive home without road pops can kill a buzz fairly quickly. :(

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

What are road pops? Is that something dirty? Naughty girl.

cmeddie said...

Drunk MM doesn't know what a "road pop" is? It's a "pop" that you drink on the road when you are traveling. Everyone but the driver, of course.

RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Never heard of it. I DO NOT drink in cars. Unless I am really really drunk. Then, well, anything goes.

LindzyPinzy said...

u can have friends to!! (i was reading Absent minded landlord's blog)

cmeddie said...

Yea! Thanks Lindzy.

Stephanie said...

Um, what's "Housh"? How do you know if, in fact, you do "got the Housh"? Is it like a dirty disease? Maybe from having too many road pops? Perhaps you should address this in your next blog.

Dan-O said...

From what I hear of Tiners, she's always been impressed with the "lesser known Johnson's". Maybe that's why you were so bitter a few weeks ago, the more 'prominent Johnson's' weren't 'impressing you' as much anymore.

Dan-O said...

PS-domes suck, don't they. One second you can hear the guy all the way across the field ordering a beer and the next you can't hear the guy next to you it's so loud. Accoustics are so weird.

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Dan-o, suddenly the king of the double comment.
Why the hell did they take your beads? Good thing it didn't f-up the mojo or there would have been hell to pay! Come on game one!

Dan-O said...

My mind wasn't working fast enough. I had a quick second thought. And better yet, Landlord, how did she recieve the beads????? Hmmmmmm???

cmeddie said...

Dan-o apparently thinks I am a HO-yo... :-) The beads... the Johnsons... What did I EVER do to make Dan think that? Nothing I can think of.

And I am not sure why the took the beads.. maybe they can be swung like numbchucks or something. WHO KNOWS! But it sucked

And Dan, someone wishes I showed these babies to get those beads! ;)

YES, domes suck... And Doc, Housh is a wide receiver. He rocks the casbah.

Dan-O said...

Sorry tiner. I just like having fun at other peoples expense sometimes.

cmeddie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cmeddie said...

And I don't? I think it's my life's goal. Just wait. you're time will come! ;)

I was kidding anyway.