Monday, September 18, 2006

2007 - The Year of Happy!

Ok folks, this is my warning... BE PREPARED!

104 days until 2007 - The official "Year of Happy"

It may also be the "Year of the Rooster," the "Year of the Fire Dog," or some sites say the "Year of the Corporate Blog," but to us it shall from this point forward be the official
"Year of Happy."


"What the heck is Tina talking about?" you ask. Well, while hanging with a few friends (that shall remain nameless) after the Bengals Game yesterday, I decided I was tired of the lack of "happy" in our lives.

The last few times I have been out with friends, or talking with friends at work, on the phone, or at the bar - we have been complaining about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. It is usually one of the following

  • "I can't find a guy/girl I like..."
  • "I wish I could just move to New York, Chicago, San Diego..."
  • "I need to get a new job..."
  • "I want to buy a house..."
  • "I don't make enough money..."
  • "I want my diet to work..."
  • "I want this..."
  • "I need that..."
  • "I wish this..."
  • & SOMEDAY this, someday that, someday when I...

  • Well, how about NOW this, NOW that, and NOW when I...? Can't make all the decisions to work toward happiness today? That is okay! You have 104 days, and counting! If you can start now - jump right in, but this is an ALL OUT CHALLENGE to each and every one of my friends. We need to be happy and not just say we are happy... totally, legitimately be happy!

    You may think this is a load of crap, but I am being completely serious. Take the next 104 days to think about it. Maybe it's as simple as telling yourself that you are going to start reading again.
    Maybe it's about going out more. Maybe it's about priorities, but if it will make you happy plan for it, and DO IT in 2007!

    I want this to be your pledge card! If you are in. Comment in the blog. I want my friends happy... so take the challenge! Good Luck Folks...



    I am in.
    I have 104 days to figure out what will change for '07. I am sure I need each and every one!


    How can 2007 be anything BUT the "Year of Happy," when 2006 will end with the Bengals kicking the Steelers up and down the field?


    16 comments:

    Stephanie said...

    Wheeeeeeew! Dr. Stephanie bumps off her advisor, steals her diploma, and runs off to New York with her 18-year old tanned poolboy, where she shall live out the rest of her days esconsed in a fur coat and dripping with diamonds and sapphires.

    ...And I did not even need 104 days to think about it!

    cmeddie said...

    Wait, you don't have a pool!!!!

    RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

    I am in Tina. Molly 06 has been decent, but I like your idea too!!! WOOHOO.

    Stephanie said...

    I shan't let the lack of a pool interfere with my happiness! Who says that you can't have a poolboy just because you don't have a pool?

    cmeddie said...

    just make sure he's at least 21 so he can bring you drinks...

    Dan-O said...

    Tina, I'm proud of you, I think. I've noticed though that most women, even though it may seem like they have alot of things going their way, it never seems to be enough. Just don't go too far into the rhealm of "the grass is always greener on the other side". Just keep your eye on the prize and don't go wandering from it. Chin up.

    cmeddie said...

    It's not just women, it the guys I am thinking about too... and Dan, that is the exact point of this "challenge." Enough is enough. It's is time to stop the Grass is Greener, and start tossing seed on your side of the fence.

    Lame cliches ROCK!

    cmeddie said...

    PS, 103 days.

    RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

    You can serve liquor at 19....so 19 is the minimum.

    The Absent Minded Landlord said...

    I am in it two ways. First, I commit to making shit happen in '07. I know what I need to do, and I have time to get ready for it.
    Second, I commit to helping anyone else with their goal if it happens to be of the "I want to buy a house" form that you mentioned ;)

    Dan-O said...

    Oh I'm tossin' seed if you know what I'm sayin' if you know what I'm talkin' 'bout. hhm hm hm hmmmm.

    Dan-O said...

    And hey, if you (I mean when you) get your house, and you want some cool stuff like a nice TV and stuff, let me know and I'll see you in the right direction and put it all in for you. I charge a nominal fee which is 2 Guiness' and hour. Maybe a party could ensue during or afterwards. I'm thinking wayyyyyy to far ahead, but I'm thinking, and that's good.

    cmeddie said...

    Have you had a few guinesses tonight? ;)

    Stephanie said...

    Tossin' seed? Is that a euphemism for "making babies"? Otherwise, no one has any idea of what you are talking about. Booze + blog = blah blah blah.

    I think I'm a little grouchy.

    cmeddie said...

    smile doc!

    Dan-O said...

    No, no alcohol, I think I was just tired then.