Friday, July 20, 2007

Hello from Minnesota (Part 2 - the first few weeks)

So, here I am. Been here for about 3 weeks now. School is good. Just shy of my impending 29th birthday, I am pretty much the oldest in my class. No big deal, if I didn't feel old or if this didn't happen: We went out to the $10 all-you-can-drink on Wednesday, and my 23-year old classmate and I were talking and he said "Thanks Mom." Explaining it as "I call all my older friends that are girls Mom." I tried to tell him that calling me "older" didn't help... at least go with "Big sis."

GEESH, so THAT was fun.

I saw the Twins play... which was um.. interesting...


They played Detroit, including ex-Red Sean Casey. The dome is ridiculously WRONG when it comes to baseball. And they lost... but unlike in Cincinnati, even on a Tuesday night, the game was an actual EVENT, with a pregame party and everything. I respect that and the fans were really good. It kinda makes me sad for our boys at home.

I uploaded some of the pics of the inside of the basilica too. Check it out.








So, for now, life here is good. I get to come visit home in just 9 days. I am pumped bc I miss home. Miss my friends. Miss my Tim. Miss my nieces and nephew. Miss all my family. Miss normal.
Today's things to be happy about:
  • Playing around in a new city
  • Getting to come home
  • Being in love
  • Doing well on my first two presentations and in school
  • Making new friends

2 comments:

JLee said...

wow, that is some outstanding architecture! I can't believe someone 5 years younger than you would call you mom. lol He must've been trying to get your goat. ;)

Dan said...

The photos of the basillica are awesome! And no flash! You must have held the camera very steady.

Very nice!